Thursday, January 05, 2006

What fun

GREAT...I have wanted to come visit you and now I have an invitation. Childhood game ! Mine was not a game but an old suitcase I use to drag out every day to a huge lilac bush. Once settled there I would open the suitcase which also opened an entrance into pretend world. The suitcase was filed to the brim with movie star paper dolls. Rita Hayworth, Heady Lamour, Doris Day, Dwebbie Renolds, and many more. I spent hours, alone, under the lilac tree changing costumes and prancing them through a world of my imagination. Must have been preparation for Lemuria. . When I entered 7th grade my suitcase disappeared. I felt like I had suffered a great loss and still wish I had those original paper dolls.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Ashleyshea said...

What a cool little world! We have lots of magazines in the treehouse. Help yourself to making a new set of paper dolls!

I lost a favored toy once and still don't know what happened to it. I had a stuffed animal named "Stinky". He was a skunk. I sprayed him with perfume to make him stink. Even in my high school years, I still had Stinky. I put him up on my curtain rod as a decoration. On day I looked up and he was gone.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

In my childhood the seeds of Lemuria were sown Jane, but I guess I didn't need to say that. Sylvia would love to hear more about your paper dolls.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger SylviaK said...

WOW, any memories or mention of paper dolls certainly perks up my eyes!
Oh, so many people lament the loss of their paper dolls. How sad that you lost all those movie stars. I have good news-bad news.
If you go to the paper doll section of EBAY, you will find many of your old favorites--some cut and some uncut.
Bad news--the prices are greatly increased over the 10 cents we paid as kids for each book. some celeb books for over $100 and up to $300.
Cut sets are much less. anyway, take a nostalgia trip over there to find some you remember!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home