Thursday, January 05, 2006

Books of the past

When I was a child my favorite thing was not a toy, but books , I loved to read .
On a warm summers day I would grab a book , and head outside there was an old tree in our yard. It had lots of wide low branches and one of them curved prefectly to form a seat of sorts.
I would take my book and climb into the seat of the tree. Here I was protected from the world. and was safe to travel where ever the book wanted to take me.
Usually I was solving a mystrey with Trixie Beldon, or The Hardy Boys, or maybe on some dangerous Space mission with Tom Swift.
I still love to curl up with a good mystrey.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Ashleyshea said...

I loved doing this, too, though I never found a perfect spot in a tree. That sounds lovely! My favorite was the Boxcar children. I loved imagining setting up camp and living without adults. There was another series I really loved, but I don't remember the name of it.

There are plenty of books in the treehouse. Help yourself! Curl up with the plentitude of cushions, or find the perfect branch to perch on and enjoy the day.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger SylviaK said...

I loved reading the Nancy Drew mysteries. "the Hidden Staircase" and "Secret in the Old Attic" were special favorites. wish I'd had a tree house as a kid, but could at least climb a tree to sit up on the roof of a shed, so that was like a special place to read and dream. I also liked the book, The Secret Garden. loved the movie too.
sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home